Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Triathlon!

On Thanksgiving morning, Kimberly and Cassidy competed in the local triathlon! They had been training for a while, and did an awesome job. I personally don't know why anyone in their right mind would even consider subjecting themselves to the pain & agony of a triathlon, but what do I know.

Here are the girls right before Cassidy's triathlon began.


Cassidy (& some sexy dude in all black) on the "run" portion of the triathlon. Kimberly informed me 5 minutes before Cassidy started that a parent could go with them if they'd like (hint, hint).



Here we are towards the end of the 4 mile bike ride (I was riding a huffy mountain bike pulling 100 pounds of kids behind me...I literally thought I was going to die).



Here's Kimberly passing everyone up on the swim portion of the adult triathlon.



Motoring by at an average 20 mph on the bike.


What a hottie...flying by so fast in the run portion, I couldn't get the camera ready fast enough.



Here are some of the amazing triathletes after the race. Dave and Karin Rusick with Kimberly. I think Karin finished 1st place in her group, and Kimberly finished 3rd in hers. And Dave didn't finish in last place (there was a 1-legged 75 year old woman that he beat out). I must admit, I was pretty impressed with how well they all did (including Gina, Big Red, & Chris).

PS - For those of you who were wondering, I finished first place in the kids triathlon. I had to trip a couple of 6 year olds in the run, and push over this one kid on his bike, but I made sure to bring home the gold.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I'm so impressed! Way to go! (All three of you!) I'm so glad you did it, seeing we personally benefitted from your reward :) It was great to see you guys.

Nelson Family said...

Congratulations Kim and Cassidy! That is an awesome accomplishment! Now you should come to Utah to do the Wasatch Back Relay or we could all form a team and do Hood to Coast! It would be so fun!

QnA Drapers said...

Way to go guys! PS- love the new music on your blog!

Jer & Di said...

Hello...my nephew and his daughters participated too! I was lookng for them in your pictures!
Their last name is Boylin and they had a blast! Way to go guys!