I had a work conference in Washington DC this week, and it was the first time I have ever visited our nation's capital. I don't profess to be the most patriotic guy in the world, or very interested in politics at all, but it was an amazing place.
 |
| Capitol building |
 |
| What would a blog post about DC be without a picture of the White House. If you look closely, you can see Obama inside...running our country into the ground. (That was for you Kendall). :-) |
 |
| Random building...with artwork reminiscent of what you would come across in everyday life. Don't you always run into naked ladies riding horses backwards, with miniature dolphins jumping around them? Happens to me ALL THE TIME. |
 |
I think there was a famous picture like this...maybe a historic speech, or something like that from this point.
Oh yea, that's right, Forrest Gump spoke from here, and then ran out majestically into the water to meet "Jen-nae" (c'mon, go ahead and use your Forrest Gump voice to say it..."Jen-nae"). |
Now onto the more serious portion of this post...
 |
| Just outside Vietnam Memorial |
 |
| A section of the Vietnam Memorial |
 |
| A photo from the WWII Memorial |
 |
| Arlington National Cemetery |
 |
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
If you haven't seen this, you are missing out! AMAZINGLY POWERFUL! |
I was humbled, amazed, and overcome with a sense of gratitude to all the men and women (and their families) who give their time, energy, even their lives to defend this amazing country we live in...giving each of us the ability to enjoy the freedom's that we too often take for granted. Thank you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment