So many things to discuss in this picture...I don't even know where to start. Maybe with Carter's sweet muscle-man costume as he sits on the pillar...or Cassidy's evil smile as she shoots defenseless animals?

There's nothing like teaching the little ones to handle firearms...that's how we roll.

All the cute kids during one of our day-hikes. Don't you hate it when you're taking a picture of a group of kids, and everyone in the entire picture looks so cute, until you notice that one random, annoying kid that is flexing and screaming like he's wearing a muscle-man costume? Who's kid is that?!
Dave showing off his mad tree-climbing abilities....not to mention his "ass-ets".
Harry: Holly jeez look and the butt on that.
Lloyd: Yeah, he must work out.
If you know where that quote comes from in less than 10 seconds, you are "cool" in my book.

Teaching the kids the critically important skill of skipping rocks.
Anytime I catch Kimberly trying to take a picture of me, I strike this pose. Usually that keeps her from taking the pic...but not this time.
Yep, it's OK to be jealous. Not all of us can be hung like a hamster. It's genetic.

Another pic of a bunch of cute kids with a beautiful scenic backdrop.
Can you hear the birds singing in the distance?
Here's a pic of me doing the dishes. Yep, I'm domestic like that. Not only do I slave away at the office all day to provide for the family - then I come home and do the laundry / dishes / clean toilets / wash windows...you know, the usual stuff.
What's that ladies? Don't all your husbands do that too? They must not love you as much as I love my beautiful wife. :-)
I figured we'd conclude the weekend festivities with this nice pic of all of us at a local park, eating ice cream. If nothing else, I wanted to highlight Brock's SWEET outfit. What's your favorite part? I personally love the boot / short combo. Although there are a lot of fun things ot see in this picture...like the kid falling off the wall in the background, or the random crippled lady (notice the walking boot) laying on various bathroom towels, covering her face.



5 comments:
I cannot believe you posted a picture of yourself grabbing yourself! This is what I mean by you surprising me as you've gotten older. Who are you? What have you done with Jason Bates? hahaha. I want to know what your dad says about this. Make sure you let me know.
I just have to laugh...on so many levels that was a fun weekend.
Just keepin' it real Nan.
I could choose to only post pics that present me and my family in a beautiful, perfect light...but I'd rather keep it real. When my kids / grandkids look back on this semi-gay blog 25 years from now, I want them to know what life was really like in the Bates household.
So as long as you can handle it, you're welcome to peek in on our boring lives, and come along for the ride. :-)
Nan,
PS - My Dad taught me that pose. :-)
i am with karin too funny!
Post a Comment