It's reunion time! Oh...where do I even begin to describe Kimberly's family reunion. It has been a tradition for over 20 years...and is the highlight of the summer for many of us. It is a week filled with lots of love, laughter, food, late nights, games, memories, food, fun events, belching, farting, food, arguing, whining, and more red-neck moments than most people experience in a lifetime (all in 1 week)...but we wouldn't have it any other way! Unfortunately, this year work precluded me from being able to attend - and as much as it surprises me to say it, I found myself wishing I could be there.
Kimberly and the kids were able to attend the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain temple with the Prater family (Kimberly's cousins)

I just had to put this picture in ... this is what happens when Dad is not around to say "no". Notice how our 4-yr old son is sporting the Mr.T bling at the temple open house. Nice. :-)
Can't you hear him grunting out - "I pitty the fool!"
It's always fun to see Great Grandma Draper and Bill. Before the trip became too long to drive, they used to stop by and stay with us every year on their way down to CA.
PS - How's it hangin' Bill? I'm guessing "to the left".
Almost every year, Larry (Kimberly's dad) plans a sweet 2-3 day hike for us - through amazing & picturesque terrain...it's usually a tough hike, but these past few years, he's watered it down a little so some of the "girls" can join us. :-)
That comment will probably put me on a few $#!t lists. ;-)
Many of the hikers and loved ones at a restaurant "post-hike"
You will find a lot of this at reunion...laughing so hard that you cry.
This has to be my favorite part of the entire reunion - family programs! It's something I look forward to all year, and never want to miss (in case you can't tell, that last sentence is "dripping" in sarcasm). I think this is a pic of Cassidy and her cousins doing a skit of some sort. I'm sure it was followed by a 4-hr testimony meeting. ;-)
Feeding uncle Stu's horses...
Mom and Carter going for a ride

A bunch of the cousins peeing in the hot tub. I mean "swimming"...sorry, freudian slip. But assuming I was subconsciously correct, I get slightly sick to my stomach when I see them filling their mouths with water and spitting it at each other. This is the beginning of a series of increasingly "red-neck" activities.
Cute pic of the girls playing with cousins in the sprinklers
OK...now we're getting heavy into the red-neck activities. Yep, that's Aunt Amy in her PJ's humiliating all the men with her shotgun shooting abilities, while the 30 grandkids run around within a few feet of the shooters. See if you can count how many shooters are lined up.
"Kids, when we say "PULL", you hit the deck! We don't want any Dick Cheney casualties again this year."
Uncle Rod....enough said.
Another classic family reunion moment. A close up on uncle Tyler's "pelt" - after having it styled with gel. If you think this is nasty, you should see his back....or even worse, his butt (don't ask how I know). :-)
But, in spite of all the red-neck moments, it's still a week of fun, filled with memories. We'll see you all next year!
A pic of the Larry & Debbie Draper family (everyone was able to be there this year, except Kaitlin and I).




2 comments:
ah the memories- I don't know how Kim got some of those pics. i love the one of Larry laughing at the dinner show. How fun! we did miss ya Jason!
That picture was granny laugh, tears streaming down my face, had to call Ronnie at work, funny! Poor Bill. You never let me down Jason, always a good read.
Post a Comment