Kimberly and I were planning to take our annual trip to Mexico this year with her sister Melanie and her husband Marcus. The destination was Nuevo Vallarta, and we were excited about the resort we had booked (we'd heard great things). Well, as luck would have it, 1 week before the trip we had booked 9 months prior, the Swine Flu broke out and became a "worldwide" pandemic. So with only 2 days notice, we somehow managed to rearrange everything and book a trip to Hawaii (our first time ever). I'll tell you what...all 4 of us agreed that for a 2nd choice, this Hawaiian trip was the vacation of a lifetime!
A couple of local hotties that were trying to seduce Marcus and I (we told them we were flattered, but would have to pass).
This was on the beach located on our resort property...it was amazing! We went snorkeling later, and Marcus and I swam alongside 2 others for 10-15 minutes. It was unbelievable.
It was fun traveling with Mel & Marcus, because us guys didn't feel guilty golfing, knowing that Kimberly and Mel were having fun together flirting with the pool boys. I can honestly say, I have never played a course quite like this one - it was literally cut into the lava field.
This guy was hilarious. He would walk the beach from end to end with his rolled up shorts and "pimp cane". His skin was literally leather. Marcus dared me to ask him for a picture...so I went up and told him I had never seen such a remarkable tan, and asked him if I could take a picture with him. He started yelling at me about how he wasn't a "monkey in the zoo". Marcus couldn't stop laughing at me. :-)
Pretty water...I miss it.
Random photo at one of the many restaurants...doesn't Kimberly look HOT?!
This was a first for Kimberly and I...it was quite the ride. The views were AMAZING. Kimberly was clutching her "barf bag" the whole flight. :-)
We stopped at this famous chocolate store one day. I was looking around, and counted everyone in the store. There were 56 Asians, the 4 of us, and the random person behind us in this picture. I haven't felt so out of place since I was in China. ;-)
Arguably one of the coolest "Tarzan - esk" trees I have ever seen.
Again, is she irresistible, or what?! "Shiver me timbers!"
Obligatory snorkeling pic...right after Captain Steve gave us the quote of the week. "You never know when you'll need a good petroleum product."






4 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! We still have yet to take a fun trip like that. I keep getting pregnant. What's up with that??
Oh, that makes me want to go back to Hawaii SO BAD!!!! Glad you guys had fun! I love reading your posts Jason, they are always entertaining!!!!
ummm... next time we're coming with you guys!!!
Jason,
I love reading your blogg! You have a way of explaining things that just keeps me laughing!
Love - Mom
Post a Comment